CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 8, 2008

19 days...

I can't believe it's been 19 days since my last post! Time flies when you are having fun I guess, right? I hope everyone had a greatThanksgiving. Ours was awesome! We took Lila to see Disney on Ice at the IZOD center. Since Kevin works for the company that owns the venue we got an employee discount & the tickets were under $20 a piece! The seats were great too- we were less than 20 rows from the ice. Lila was SO into it! She sat and watched the entire thing with out taking her eyes off it! It started with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, & Goofy on the ice & their car broke down. That led to Cars characters coming out & driving around! They were real cars too!! After that was the Little Mermaid and then The Lion King before intermission. The entire second half was Tinker Bell & the fairies. The music was good and the skating was really cool! No, we didn't see anyone fall if that popped into your head :) At least not intentionally! The show was from 11 am until 1 pm. As we walked out, with a very sleepy and grumpy Lila, we looked around and saw sleepy babies everywhere! It ended at naptime for many of the babies and it was cute to see them all when the lights came on.

After the show we went to my in laws house for dinner which was really nice. My brother in law Bob & his wife Andrea were there too. Lila was such a good girl & had a lot of fun playing with everyone. My father in law has been having some health issues recently. He is doing better now but he is no longer allowed to work. I am glad he is finally taking some time to rest. The man is 78! It's time to slow down! We want him to stick around as long as possible. His birthday was actually the Saturday after Thanksgiving so all of his sons and daughters and their families threw him a surprised birthday dinner. My parents actually went too. It was a really great time and he really deserved it. It was a nice night.

Work has been very hectic lately. I have a lot of work and with the holidays I am losing a lot of time. I try not to stress about it but I know that I tend to have "motivational issues" some days.. I am a good employee and do a good job. I think I am just worried with the economy in the state that it's in. Kevin is still working 2 jobs and we are going through a lot of serious financial difficulites lately. Christmas is going to be very tight this year. I feel very fortunate that we have parents that want to buy so much for Lila that we won't need to ourselves.

Speaking of the man.. he just walked in. He worked from 8:30 am until 5 pm at his regular job (IT) and then from 5:30ish until 10 pm at Radio Shack. He's exhausted & I want to spend some time with him. No pictures tonight! Too late for that :) Hope everyone is well & I'll try to get on & post again soon.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

I am glad to hear that Lila enjoyed the show. I hear that the Sesame show with Elmo is coming our way in April and I can't wait to take Chloe. I bet the kids must be so amazed by seeing all those huge characters swirling around in front of them!